The Fondazione Pro Musica e Arte Sacra
is listed in the Register of Corporations of the Prefecture of Rome, registration no. 162/2002 in accordance with DPR 361/2000. A non-profit organisation, its objective is to promote and preserve the performance of sacred music and art at the highest level.
Its main activities are the following:
- to promote and draw a wider audience to religious music, by organising concerts;
- to organise exhibitions and reviews of religious art;
- to organise festivals, competitions, conferences, seminars, radio and television broadcasts and to exploit other platforms in order to promote culture, music and religious art;
- to organise training and advanced courses in music and sacred art, award prizes and scholarships in this field, promote relevant courses and research, and provide support and financial aid to religious institutions and relevant bodies of the Holy See;
- to print and produce quality publications and audio material to help achieve the Foundation's aims;
- to sell worldwide television rights, pictures and audiovisual recordings of events organised by the Foundation.
The Foundation is working on a series of projects aimed at supporting sacred art and music. The Festival's concerts which are being held in each of Rome's Patriarchal Basilicas aim to promote the conservation and restoration of the cultural heritage housed within the basilicas. The Foundation has contributed to 26 restoration projects to date (please see the page „Foundation – Restoration Projects“
You can find information regarding the Foundation's current restoration projects on the page „The Festival – Objectives
Baldacchino Papal Altar
Clicking here you reach the Fondazione Pro Musica e Arte Sacra Homepage